Two foreigners have been arrested by the police at the airport on Friday afternoon after they were found to be carrying heroin capsules.
The two foreigners, who had just landed on a direct flight from Dusseldorf in Germany, were seen to be acting suspiciously and were then stopped by officials from the Drug Squad and Customs.
The arrested are a 45-year-old man born in Venezuela but with a Spanish passport, while the other is a 33-year-old woman from Spain. The couple were taken to hospital where the man was found to be carrying 83 capsules in his stomach for a total of 830g of heroin. The woman was not carrying any drugs.
- Two American men arrested after drug finds
by MaltaMedia News -21 July 2010
- Three men arrested in drugs bust
by MaltaMedia News -18 June 2010
- Caught with 80 cocaine capsules in stomach
by MaltaMedia News -20 November 2009
- Bulgarian woman caught with drugs at the airport
by MaltaMedia News -28 September 2009
- Video: Two more persons arrested in drug bust
by MaltaMedia News -23 October 2009