A 21-year-old Bulgarian woman living in the Netherlands has been arrested at the airport on drug trafficking charges.
Officials present at the airport noticed the woman, who had just landed in Malta on a flight from Brussels late on Saturday, was acting suspiciously. Although an initial drug search proved negative, the woman was taken to Mater Dei Hospital where a medical examination revealed 86 capsules in her stomach for a total of 860g of cocaine and heroin.
The woman is expected to be charged in court with the association, importation and possession of heroin and cocaine. This is the third such case in three days at the airport thanks to the collaboration of the Police Drug Squad and Customs.
- Two foreigners arrested at airport
by MaltaMedia News -27 September 2009
- 21 year-old tried to smuggle over 400 grammes of cocaine
by MaltaMedia News -21 October 2008
- Caught with 80 cocaine capsules in stomach
by MaltaMedia News -20 November 2009
- Costa Rican arrested following drug find
by MaltaMedia News -19 February 2010
- Foreigner caught smuggling cocaine capsules in stomach
by MaltaMedia News -17 November 2008