Two foreigners were arrested on Thursday afternoon in Sliema after they were found to be in possession of cocaine.
The police said they received a report that two people who had just arrived in Malta were in possession of drugs. An initial search revealed no drugs but they two men were taken to hospital for a medical examination which revealed that one of the men was carrying 80 capsules containing some 800g of cocaine in his stomach. He was remanded in custody.
The other man was also kept under arrest for further investigation. Both men were born in the Dominican Republic but live in Spain. They had landed in Malta the previous night on a direct flight from Brussels.
- Foreigner caught smuggling cocaine capsules in stomach
by MaltaMedia News -17 November 2008
- Pole imports 900 grams of heroin in stomach capsules
by MaltaMedia News -9 May 2012
- Nigerian apprehended for cocaine hidden in stomach
by MaltaMedia News -10 October 2008
- Two American men arrested after drug finds
by MaltaMedia News -21 July 2010
- Bulgarian woman caught with drugs at the airport
by MaltaMedia News -28 September 2009