The priorities of the Spanish Presidency of the European Union were presented to the Maltese public by the Spanish Ambassador to Malta on Tuesday at a conference organised by the Malta - EU Steering Action Committee.
Among the Spanish priorities is th effort to achieve economic recovery while promoting a model of sustainable growth, capable of creating more and better jobs, bringing European citizenship a step further in the 21st century, with particular consideration of equality between women and men, driving Europe forward as a global actor, the defence of human rights and the eradication of poverty in the world.
Favourite Channel News reports in more detail:
- Libya accepts Spanish proposals in visas impasse
by MaltaMedia News -11 March 2010
- John Dalli outlines priorities as EU Commissioner
by MaltaMedia News -18 December 2009
- Video: Spanish tourist injured in road accident
by MaltaMedia News -12 June 2010
- Public dialogue on Czech EU Presidency
by MaltaMedia News -2 January 2009
- Video: Frontex changes to be given importance by EU presidency
by MaltaMedia News -13 July 2011