44-year-old Anton Camilleri from Madliena has been declared not guilty of the attempted murder of Saviour Mangion on 9th May 2004 in Madliena.
He had been accused of shooting at Mr Mangion during an argument the two had over the sale of a garage. The alleged incident occurred when the victim asked for some documents from the accused who proceeded to threaten and beat him up. The accused then went to his car and brought out a gun and shot at the victim.
However, Mr Camilleri had said in court on Monday that after the fight broke out between the two, he simply went to his car to fetch his diary and keys in order to get back into the house and not to get a gun.
- Video: Madliena man pleads not guilty to attempted murder
by MaltaMedia News -10 May 2010
- 19-year-old charged for attempted murder
by MaltaMedia News -3 June 2011
- Attempted murder and assault charges
by MaltaMedia News -9 August 2009
- Man accused with attempted murder of a 13-year-old
by MaltaMedia News -22 September 2010
- Girl pleads not guilty to Valletta attempted murder
by MaltaMedia News -13 May 2011