Three Maltese excursionists who were lost on Mount Etna have been rescued by Italian rescue services, Rainews has reported.
The three were on an expedition with other Maltese on the north side of the Sicilan volcano when they got lost.
One of them, a 48-year-old sustained injuries following a fall. He is being treated in hospital.
Meanwhile, Maltarightnow said it contacted the injured man who confirmed he was in good health but had sustained injuries to his knee ligaments.
MRN said that the Maltese themselves called the Italian rescue services for help. The injured man will not be able to travel to Malta before next week.
- Man and 5-year-old boy injured in Hamrun traffic accident
by MaltaMedia News -28 December 2012
- Three injured in Mellieha traffic accident
by MaltaMedia News -29 October 2011
- Two injured in St Paul’s Bay crash
by MaltaMedia News -12 August 2012
- Three sailors seriously injured during training
by MaltaMedia News -17 February 2009
- Injured Maltese fishermen airlifted to hospital
by MaltaMedia News -18 June 2010