The Civil Protection Department will call for humanitarian support, by monetary donations, at the end of this week. The money collected will be used to help flooding victims in Pakistan.
The Director of Civil Protection Department said that they decided to reply to the United Nation (UN) call for global humanitarian aid by sending monetary donations directly to the UN.
This was agreed after various discussions within the Civil Protection Department as the running cost to send containers to Pakistan are notable. Donations will be accepted at the Civil Protection Department in Kordin.
Favourite Channel News reports in more detail:
- Civil Protection collection for flooding victims
by MaltaMedia News -23 August 2010
- Video: Civil Protection Department always prepared
by MaltaMedia News -30 November 2009
- Civil Protection, Caritas organise aid for Haiti victims
by MaltaMedia News -15 January 2010
- Civil Protection Department praised for their work and dedication
by MaltaMedia News -19 February 2011
- Enemalta donates gas detector to Civil Protection Department
by MaltaMedia News -3 March 2011