The Malta Chamber has formally expressed its utter dismay to the MCESD Chairman and Minister of Finance after it received a communication stating that pre-budget consultation process at MCESD was being reduced to just two meetings.
The Malta Chamber stated categorically that two meetings were certainly not sufficient and did not do justice to such a matter of key national importance as is the Budget.
The letter signed by the President stated that no serious consultation can occur in two meetings and within such a short time-frame. The Malta Chamber feels that Government is not taking the Social Partners seriously and is thus only paying lip service to social dialogue and consultation. The Malta Chamber appeals to Government to re-think its approach and remedy this unfortunate situation.
- Chamber of Commerce calls for MCESD talks to resume
by MaltaMedia News -11 November 2009
- Social partners react to the Budget 2010
by MaltaMedia News -10 November 2009
- Chamber calls for urgent MCESD discussion on EU developments
by MaltaMedia News -14 December 2011
- Malta Chamber urges authorities to focus on competitiveness
by MaltaMedia News -21 March 2012
- Chamber says price increases are a threat to stability
by MaltaMedia News -4 January 2011