On Friday Chris Said was reappointed Parliamentary Secretary, after seven weeks of his resignation.
Dr Said was reappointed by the Acting Attorney General Dr. Donatella Frendo Dimech in the presence of President George Abela, and Prime Minister Lawrence Gonzi, and accompanied by his family.
He resigned seven weeks ago after he was charged with perjury, since then he has been cleared of all charges.
Dr Said will be given his former responsibilities for public dialogue, local government and consumer affairs. He said he was looking forward to return to his office and continue the good work he had embarked upon before resigning on September 23.
He also expressed his satisfaction that his ordeal was finally over.
Favourite Channel news reports:
- Parliamentary Secretary resigns over perjury charges
by MaltaMedia News -23 September 2010
- Parliamentary Secretary hospitalised for pneumonia
by MaltaMedia News -9 June 2010
- Prime Minister appoints 8 parliamentary assistants
by MaltaMedia News -10 March 2010
- Government prepared to honour responsibilities on VAT car registration case
by MaltaMedia News -22 March 2009
- Video: Chris Said proposes Malta-Gozo tunnel
by MaltaMedia News -19 February 2011