In the third quarter, sea transport between Malta and Gozo registered increase in vehicles and a decrease in commuters, compared to the corresponding quarter of 2010.
In the third quarter of 2011, commuters between Malta and Gozo edged down by 0.5 per cent, totalling 1,344,153 when compared to the corresponding period in 2010. Concurrently, the number of vehicles carried by scheduled vessels went up by 1.5 per cent, totalling 349,607 . The highest number of commuters was recorded in August – 8,389 or 36.3 per cent of the total for the quarter.
The number of trips in the same period was 5,678 when compared to 5,814 in the corresponding period last year. The majority of trips took place in August – 1,968 – or 34.6 per cent of total trips for the same quarter.
- Less commuters between Malta and Gozo
by MaltaMedia News -18 April 2012
- Vehicles crossing between Malta and Gozo on the rise
by MaltaMedia News -15 July 2011
- Vehicle commuters between Malta and Gozo increases
by MaltaMedia News -17 April 2013
- Sea transport between Malta and Gozo decreases
by MaltaMedia News -14 April 2009
- Sea transport between Malta and Gozo decreases in Q2
by MaltaMedia News -17 July 2012