In the first quarter of 2012, commuters between Malta and Gozo decreased by 2.9 per cent, totalling 774,147 when compared to the corresponding period in 2011, the NSO revealed on Wednesday.
The number of vehicles carried by scheduled vessels went down by 4.3 per cent, totalling 223,866. The highest number of commuters was recorded in March (300,667 or 38.8 per cent of the total for the quarter).
The number of trips during this period stood at 4,798, an increase of 3.8 per cent over the corresponding period of the previous year. The majority of trips took place in January – 1,661 – or 34.6 per cent of total trips for this period, when one of the company’s vessels was undergoing routine obligatory docking, the NSO said.
- Decrease in commuters between Malta and Gozo
by MaltaMedia News -10 October 2011
- Vehicle commuters between Malta and Gozo increases
by MaltaMedia News -17 April 2013
- Sea transport between Malta and Gozo decreases
by MaltaMedia News -14 April 2009
- Vehicles crossing between Malta and Gozo on the rise
by MaltaMedia News -15 July 2011
- Sea transport between Malta and Gozo decreases in Q2
by MaltaMedia News -17 July 2012