Over 730 illegal hunting incidents were recorded by BirdLife Malta’s spring watch teams during the spring hunting derogation period between April 12 and 30, BirdLife said on Friday.
According to a Times report, BirdLife reached the figure relying on an initial analysis of the data gathered by its teams and did not include illegalities recorded by the Committee Against Bird Slaughter.
The report says that illegalities recorded by BirdLife include hunters targeting protected species, exceeding the season’s legal daily bag limit, hunting outside permitted hours, and hunting without wearing the yellow armbands, a legal requirement of the derogation.
- RSPB pushing for illegal bird hunting to stop
by MaltaMedia News -14 February 2010
- Massive illegal wader trapping site found in Zurrieq
by MaltaMedia News -16 September 2009
- International action to stop illegal hunting in Malta
by MaltaMedia News -18 January 2010
- 207 hunting contraventions recorded by CABS
by MaltaMedia News -23 September 2011
- Spring hunting decision a farce – Birdlife
by MaltaMedia News -10 April 2010