The National Statistics Office has reported that in the second quarter, sea transport between Malta and Gozo registered decreases in vehicles, commuters and trips compared to the corresponding quarter of 2011.
In the second quarter of 2012, commuters between Malta and Gozo decreased by 1.6 per cent, totalling 1,079,367 when compared to the corresponding period in 2011.
The number of vehicles carried by scheduled vessels went down by four per cent, totalling 274,123. The highest number of commuters was recorded in June (367,140 or 34 per cent of the total for the quarter).
The number of trips in the period under review stood at 4,742, a decrease of 1.6 per cent over the corresponding period last year. The majority of trips took place in June – 1,610 – or 33.9 per cent of total trips for this quarter.
- Sea transport between Malta and Gozo decreases
by MaltaMedia News -14 April 2009
- Sea Transport between Malta and Gozo decreases in Q3
by MaltaMedia News -13 October 2008
- Vehicles crossing between Malta and Gozo on the rise
by MaltaMedia News -15 July 2011
- Increase in number of Gozo ferry passengers
by MaltaMedia News -12 July 2010
- Decrease in commuters between Malta and Gozo
by MaltaMedia News -10 October 2011