On Monday evening, the National Executive Council of the Labour Party (PL) met to discuss and approve the candidature of the PL for the elections for the European Parliament to be held on June 6th.
There were 12 candidates approved including, Abela Baldacchino Claudette, Attard- Montalto John, Bedingfield Glenn, Borg Steve, Camilleri Maria, Cuschieri Joseph, Ellul Bonici Sharon, Grech Louis, Micallef Stafrace Kirill, Mizzi Marlene, Scicluna Edward and Zammit Christian.
This is the first time that the National Executive Council is approving the candidates for these elections following statute revisions last November. In 2004, the Labour Party chose its candidates through a secret ballot in an Extraordinary General Meeting.
- More candidates announce intention to stand for EP elections
by MaltaMedia News -1 December 2008
- Partit Laburista wins fourth European Parliament seat
by MaltaMedia News -9 June 2009
- AD fields 2 candidates for European Parliament elections
by MaltaMedia News -25 October 2008
- Official first count confirms PL at 55%, PN at 40%
by MaltaMedia News -8 June 2009
- Will the elected MEPs take a false oath?
by MaltaMedia News -10 June 2009