From 1st October, Maltese nationals travelling to Brazil for stays not exceeding 90 days no longer require a visa. This matter was discussed last May at a meeting between Deputy Prime Minister Dr Tonio Borg Relations and Brazil Foreign Defence Minister Cleso Luiz Nunes Amorim.
In 2011, Malta imported more than 14 million euro worth of goods from Brazil, while it exported over 7 million euro to Brazil. Imports are mainly made up of sugar while exports include a considerable amount of electrical machinery. There are 23 companies with Brazilian shareholding registered with the Malta Financial Services Authority.
- Visible trade gap widens in February- NSO
by MaltaMedia News -8 April 2011
- Visible trade gap widens by €40.3 million in January
by MaltaMedia News -8 March 2012
- Net Surplus of current account balance improves- NSO
by MaltaMedia News -16 December 2011
- Visible trade gap narrows in December
by MaltaMedia News -4 February 2011
- Trade gap up by €35.8 million
by MaltaMedia News -6 February 2009