Statement of the European Commission following the meeting between President Barroso and Dr Tonio Borg
President Barroso has met with Dr Borg, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Malta, who has been named by Malta as the Commissioner-designate to fill the vacancy in the Health and Consumer Protection portfolio for the remainder of the mandate of the College.
After the meeting, President Barroso confirmed to the Maltese Prime Minister his agreement for Dr Borg’s candidacy to proceed in view of the procedure set out in Article 246 (2) TFEU and point 6 of the Framework Agreement between the European Parliament and the European Commission.
- Maltese nomination for EU Commissioner welcomed by EPP Group
by MaltaMedia News -21 October 2012
- Video: John Dalli for EU Commissioner?
by MaltaMedia News -20 November 2009
- EU President tells former EU commissioner to “behave with integrity”
by MaltaMedia News -24 October 2012
- President Fenech Adami meets Governor-General in Canberra
by MaltaMedia News -24 February 2009
- MEPs grill Commissioner-designate for health and consumers
by MaltaMedia News -13 November 2012