The Conference of Presidents of the European Parliament, comprising the President and the leaders of the political groups, have decided to formally ask European Commission President Barroso to provide the Parliament with additional and comprehensive information on all the circumstances of Mr John Dalli’s resignation from his post as Member of the European Commission.
The European Parliament also asked to have adequate access to the OLAF final report made after a complaint by Swedish tobacco producer Swedish Match.
The Conference of Presidents also approved the practical arrangements for the hearing of Maltese commissioner-designate Tonio Borg, including a provisional timetable.
It is proposed that the hearing takes place on 13 November from 3pm to 6pm. The full house is set to vote on the nomination of Dalli’s successor during the November session in Strasbourg.
- John Dalli to face public hearing at the European Parliament
by MaltaMedia News -13 January 2010
- New European Commission approved, John Dalli resigns
by MaltaMedia News -9 February 2010
- John Dalli given Health and Consumer Policy portfolio
by MaltaMedia News -27 November 2009
- Updated: Sliema Deputy Mayor at the heart of EC investigations on Dalli
by MaltaMedia News -16 October 2012
- EU president meets Maltese Commissioner-designate
by MaltaMedia News -22 October 2012