Warning: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /homepages/3/d137214294/htdocs/mm/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 631
The Action for Breast Cancer Foundation has donated a piece of equipment, the gamma probe, which will be used in conjunction with breast surgery for the treatment of breast cancer at the Mater Dei hospital.
The gamma probe which costs some €10,000 is a hand-held device which enables the precise detection of sentinel lymph nodes. It is a minimally invasive procedure which results in less swelling and pain.
In 2013, the gamma probe will also be used to detect early tumours, a procedure which is enhanced through increased awareness and regular screening.
- Video: 25 news cases of breast cancer diagnosed
by MaltaMedia News -22 July 2010
- Video: Breast screening programme to begin in October
by MaltaMedia News -28 September 2009
- Vileda teams up with Action for Breast Cancer
by MaltaMedia News -22 October 2013
- Breast Awareness booklets funded by Vodafone
by MaltaMedia News -13 August 2009
- Breast cancer awareness campaign launched
by MaltaMedia News -22 October 2010