Labour Member of European Parliament Louis Grech was elected as the PL’s deputy leader for Parliamentary Affairs after obtaining more than 97 per cent of the votes cast in the election held on Thursday.
A total 749 of the 789 PL delegates cast their vote to elect a new deputy leader, Mr Grech was the sole contender however he needed to obtain 50 per cent plus one of the votes cast to be elected. PL deputy leader for party affairs Toni Abela said that 743 of the votes cast were valid. A total 724 voters voted for Mr Grech while 16 voted against. There were three abstentions.
- Updated: Louis Grech only Deputy Leader post contender
by MaltaMedia News -22 December 2012
- Lawrence Gonzi confirmed as PN leader
by MaltaMedia News -25 February 2012
- PL Deputy Leader Anglu Farrugia resigns
by MaltaMedia News -20 December 2012
- Video: Barroso re-elected as European Commission President
by MaltaMedia News -16 September 2009
- Problem of irregular immigration must be solved immediately – Louis Grech
by MaltaMedia News -18 June 2009