The police have reported that a man was arraigned before Magistrate Josette Demicoli in the Gozitan Courts and accused of grievously injuring two men with a pointed instrument between September 7 and 8, 2013, at about 3.30 a.m., in Triq it-Trux, Għarb.
Philip Micallef, 69, who lives in Għarb, was also accused of taking up weapons against, assaulting and insulting or threatening the victims, carrying a pointed instrument without the necessary licence or permit and breaching the public peace.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the charges against him and was released on bail against a deposit of €200 and a personal guarantee of €8,000. He was also bound with a protection order.
- Remanded in custody for causing serious facial injury
by MaltaMedia News -10 October 2009
- Bus driver arrested for threatening policemen
by MaltaMedia News -9 June 2010
- Five youths charged with grievous bodily harm
by MaltaMedia News -19 August 2013
- Somalis jailed for selling drugs
by MaltaMedia News -27 September 2010
- Video: Two accused of various thefts in Gozo
by MaltaMedia News -9 October 2009