A 15-year-old girl was critically injured and her 6-year-old brother was slightly injured when the two were hit by a vehicle in Cottonera Road, Birgu at around 08:30hrs CEST.
The police said that from preliminary investigations it resulted that while the two siblings from Birgu, were crossing the road, they were hit by a Toyota Vitz which was being driven by a man, 38, of Pieta, towards Zabbar.
An Ambulance was called on site and took the two victims were rushed to Mater Dei Hospital where they are being treated for their injuries. The 15-year-old girl was later certified to be in danger of loss of life whilst her brother is suffering from slight injuries.
Police investigations are still underway.
- 51-year-old slightly injured in Coast road crash
by MaltaMedia News -16 July 2011
- Six-year-old seriously injured in Zabbar
by MaltaMedia News -4 December 2011
- Girl and woman seriously injured in separate accidents
by MaltaMedia News -5 July 2010
- Man in critical condition after fall
by MaltaMedia News -5 May 2011
- Two seriously injured in separate falls
by MaltaMedia News -25 May 2011