The Finance Ministry underlined that Malta’s unemployment rate is on a downward trend and remains fourth-lowest in the European Union.
The Ministry noted a press release published by Eurostat on 1st October 2013 which announced that Malta’s unemployment rate stood at 6.4% in August 2013. This places us alongside countries like Austria (4.9%), Germany (5.2%) and Luxembourg (5.8%).
Furthermore, Malta remains firmly below the unemployment averages for the Eurozone (12%) and the European Union (10.9%).
He noted that Malta’s unemployment rate is on a downward trend, dropping from 6.6% in May 2013 to 6.4% in August.
- Malta has 4th lowest unemployment rate in EU
by MaltaMedia News -30 July 2010
- Malta amongst lowest unemployment rate in EU
by MaltaMedia News -29 October 2010
- No clear evidence of reversal in downward trend – Central Bank
by MaltaMedia News -18 November 2009
- Malta below the EU27 unemployment line
by MaltaMedia News -28 November 2008
- Unemployment in Malta low when compared to EU
by MaltaMedia News -1 July 2011