The Malta International Airport has registered a significant increase in May passengers traffic this year. It was estimated that MIA welcomed a total of 402,289 passengers, a 6.4% rise in passenger movements compared to last year.
May’s record figures were attributed to an added seat capacity of 4.9%, seat Load factor increased by 1.1 percentage points, reaching an overall 76.5% for the month. All the additional seats deployed were translated into passengers.
MIA CEO Markus Klaushofer said “The results achieved in May reflect the commitment of the airport and key industry stakeholders who work closely together to ensure constant growth.”
Malta International Airport saw not only significant growth from traditional markets such as the UK, France and Italy but also from emerging markets Turkey, Hungary and Lithuania.
- More tourists visiting Malta
by MaltaMedia News -5 September 2014
- Record number of passengers at airport in 2013
by MaltaMedia News -23 January 2014
- MIA welcomes its 3.5 millionth passenger for the year
by MaltaMedia News -7 December 2012
- Malta Airport welcomes Wizz Air inaugural flight from Budapest
by MaltaMedia News -17 May 2013
- Malta Airport welcomes Lufthansa’s increased capacity this summer
by MaltaMedia News -10 April 2013