The Court has upholded a request for warrant of prohibitory injunction against Smart Supermarket. The request was filed by Green Dot Malta Limited, the exclusive sub-licensee of the mark in Malta, and who operate the GreenPak packaging waste compliance scheme.
Green Dot Malta Limited argued that the supermarket was not only blatantly infringing the trademark and contravening the Trademarks Act, but was also taking unfair advantage of Green Dot’s reputation and goodwill without having its authorization.
The First Hall of the Civil Court presided by Judge Dr. Abigail Lofaro upheld Green Dot Malta Limited’s request filed by lawyers Dr Antoine Naudi and Dr Victor G. Axiak and issued a warrant of prohibitory injunction.
- Court upholds warrant of prohibitory injunction against Karta Converters
by MaltaMedia News -19 September 2009
- GRTU against new Rabat traffic system
by MaltaMedia News -28 January 2009
- Smart Supermarket adopts Green Dot trade mark
by MaltaMedia News -19 March 2009
- Warrant stops MEPA enforcement actions
by MaltaMedia News -26 August 2010
- Request for change in Eurosong rules dismissed
by MaltaMedia News -18 November 2009