The Valletta Grand Prix Historic and Classic Car Event will he held around the streets of the Capital between 14th and 17th May.
The event, which was held for the first time two years ago, drew large crowds. However, last year’s event was cancelled at the last minute because of the adverse global economic situation. This year’s event will only feature local entries.
This year’s event was launched at a press conference on Wednesday by the Parliamentary Secretary for Tourism, Mario de Marco and the Parliamentary Secretary for Sport, Clyde Puli.
Dr de Marco said the event was an important element of the calendar of events drawn up to help bring tourists to Malta. Such events, he said, catered for different tastes, ranging from the Isle of MTV concert to the Medieval Mdina event held last Sunday and the fireworks festival.
Sports tourism was important for Malta, with 80,000 tourists coming here mostly for diving, Dr de Marco said. He said that foreigners are expected to participate in the event next year. The event will include exhibitions of the historic vehicles and a timed race.
- Valletta Grand Prix transferred to Mdina
by MaltaMedia News -2 September 2011
- Isle of MTV details for this summer announced
by MaltaMedia News -20 April 2009
- Malta International Fireworks Festival 2009 launched
by MaltaMedia News -2 April 2009
- Vintage and classic cars at Valletta Waterfront
by MaltaMedia News -1 July 2009
- Isle of MTV Malta confirmed for 26th June 2013
by MaltaMedia News -6 November 2012