A 22-year-old woman from Zurrieq is in danger of losing her life after she was involved in a head-on collision with another car driven by a 48-year-old woman from Safi. The incident occurred in Karwija Street in Safi on Tuesday afternoon.
Preliminary police investigations revealed that the two cars were being driven in opposite direction.
The two women were helped out of their vehiclesby members of the Civil Protection Department. There were no passengers in both cars.
The women were rushed to Mater Dei Hospital whereby the Zurrieq woman was certified to be in danger of losing her life. The Safi woman suffered slight injuries.
Duty Magistrate Doreen Clarke was informed of the incident and several Experts were appointed to assist in the inquiry. Further police investigations are underway.
- Woman injured in hit and run and head-on collision at Zabbar
by MaltaMedia News -25 July 2009
- Two hospitalised after head-on collision
by MaltaMedia News -25 October 2008
- British woman in critical condition after diving
by MaltaMedia News -21 May 2009
- Woman injured in head-on-collision
by MaltaMedia News -7 November 2010
- 23 year-old woman seriously injured in St Venera car crash
by MaltaMedia News -30 March 2009